Note, NOT ALL of these user groups will be active during the pilot period. This listing is provided so artists can add user groups to their permissions set in advance (if they wish), instead of us having to notify artists every time a new user group is populated and ready to receive information.
1. Main media in Saskatchewan (print, television, radio).
- weekly and daily newspapers, monthly magazines, major online e-zines (i.e. The Leader Post, Fine Lifestyles Saskatoon, The Sheaf, Planet S, Buzz City, etc.)
- community radio (CJTR, CFCR, CBC, etc)
- commercial radio (Z99, The Bull, etc)
- television (CTV, Global, CBC-TV, etc)
2. Alternative media
- Non-mainstream, grassroots or specialty outlets (i.e. blogs) that have a music component
- Freelance journalists known to publish music interviews/reviews/etc
3. Alternative public broadcast
- Organizations/businesses wishing to use Saskatchewan music i.e. background music at bars/restaurants/hair salons/break music
4. Regional and national music industry associations, festivals and arts organizations
- Regional (Sask) would be those such as Saskatoon Blues Society, OSAC
- National (Non-Sask) would be those such as Manitoba Music, SOCAN, etc
5. National music professionals (booking agents, talent buyers, record labels, etc)
6. Music licensing
- If you grant access to this group, you are indicating that you are interested in having your music considered for possible film and TV licensing deals. (No deal is implied to be accepted by you granting users access.) Tracks are screened for production quality before being provided to potential opportunities.
7. National print media (major dailies with an arts focus such as the Globe and Mail, specialty music publications such as Canadian Musician, etc)
8. National TV media (CMT, MuchMusic, Bravo, etc)
9. National radio