Media and Industry Professionals’ Information
Read on or DOWNLOAD THIS INFORMATION AS A 1-PAGE PDF
Music2Media is a hub for media professionals, radio programmers, film & TV music supervisors, bookers and the like to connect to Saskatchewan artists, and immediately download music and related artist information. While some individual artists use sites such as YouSendIt, BandCamp, or SoundCloud to service their music out to media, there is no “central point” where media can login and obtain current Saskatchewan releases from multiple artists.
To address this, SaskMusic has created a portal on our secure cloud server for our artists to upload their releases (audio singles and full albums, high quality photographs, album one-sheet, bios, and more), and select which user groups they will allow access. Accredited media and industry professionals (“users”) can login as needed for their work to download or preview new Saskatchewan albums and information from our library. Additionally, SaskMusic will send out a “New Releases Hot Sheet” every second week to inform you of what’s been newly added.
Music2Media is designed to provide you with easy access to music from Saskatchewan for review, story, interview, booking, licensing or airplay purposes.
- A single point-of-entry to one Saskatchewan music library where you can browse numerous genres with extra content provided by the artists themselves.
- Direct artist contact information provided.
- Search by genre, hometown, or titles/names.
- Instant MP3 and artist information downloads.
- Look back through the library for releases up to a year old.
- No special software or computer requirements – our cloud server is accessible from anywhere including on mobile devices.
- It’s free for users.
The following are examples of user types that will be accredited for access to the Music2Media library:
- Saskatchewan major media (print, television, radio)
- National and international major media (print, television, radio)
- Alternative media (grassroots or specialty outlets, i.e. blogs that have a music component, freelance journalists)
- Alternative public broadcast (community and college radio, online radio, etc)
- Background music uses (restaurants, clubs etc)
- Regional and national music industry associations, festivals, and arts organizations
- National and international music professionals (booking agents, talent buyers, record labels, etc)
- Music licensing (will only include artists who are interested in having music considered for possible film and TV licensing)
To get set up with access to Music2Media, just contact us at:
or phone (306) 347-0676